Website RTI Consulting, LLC
RTI Consulting, LLC is seeking a Network Engineer for immediate employment.
Results, Teamwork, and Integrity aren’t just our name, they’re our philosophy both at work and at home. If you share our values, please consider joining our team of motivated, talented professionals!
RTI recognizes the contributions of our diverse team members and we demonstrate our appreciation with an excellent benefits package including a generous 401(k) contribution, profit sharing, and annual company-paid offsites for employees and guests.
Job Title: Network Engineer III
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
- Current TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
- Ten (10) years of experience in network engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Information Systems Management from an accredited college or university. Four (4) additional years of network engineering experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in Wireless Computer Network Operations (WiMAX, WiFiber, Wireless LAN, Ethernet Bridges)
- Five (5) years of experience with industry standard encryption techniques and devices.
- Five (5) years of experience with Cisco networking equipment including routers, switches, and Call Manager
- Five (5) years of experience with Point-to-Point (Microwave, Millimeter wave, Optical, Troposcatter) and WAN Communications such as SATCOM, and VSAT
- Five (5) years of experience with network management and performance monitoring tools such as Cisco Prime, WhatsUpGold, HPNA, NetCollector, and NetPlanner
Job Description: The Network Engineer will work as part of the Network Administration team to configure, monitor, and maintain the current infrastructure, improve system performance, and automate system administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting inventories
- Configuring and maintaining organization’s network diagrams and accreditations
- Integrating hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC regulations
- Overseeing the deployment and sustainment of all network equipment
- Establishing procedures to ensure strict control of each item of keying material whenever the material is turned over from one shift to another or from one individual to another
- Minimizing network latency and maximizing data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools
- Implementing specific network solutions to support server requirements including load-balancing, firewalls, and network address translation (NAT)
- Facilitating the implementation of high-speed, scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies as applicable to WAN and LAN design
- Coordinating with the system engineering and dataflow efforts to ensure proper mission operations to minimize down time
- Configuring and optimizing the network to connect various front-end and back-end components
- Optimizing end-to-end system performance and dataflow management
- Integrating, configuring, deploying, testing, and providing ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces, and methodologies
- Designing, integrating, testing, and deploying Network solutions
- Working with Systems Engineers, customers, and cross-organizational teams to refine requirements and understand the potential effects of changes
- Validating new and existing dataflow and data formats
- Managing assigned tasks and providing guidance to junior Network Engineers.
- Applying Network Acceleration techniques.
- Developing algorithms used in modules or incorporated into models associated with the research and development of technologies and systems
- Resolving complex network problems by operating network analyzers, WAN test equipment, and network simulators
Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
RTI Consulting LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employee and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at RTI are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
RTI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@rti-llc.com