Website RTI Consulting, LLC
RTI Consulting, LLC is seeking a Connectivity Engineer for immediate employment.
Results, Teamwork, and Integrity aren’t just our name, they’re our philosophy both at work and at home. If you share our values, please consider joining our team of motivated, talented professionals!
RTI recognizes the contributions of our diverse team members and we demonstrate our appreciation with an excellent benefits package including a generous 401(k) contribution, profit sharing, and annual company-paid offsites for employees and guests.
Job Title: Connectivity Engineer III
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
- Ten (10) years of network engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university. Four (4) additional years of experience in network engineering may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years of experience in Wireless Computer Network Operations (WiMAX, WiFiber, Wireless LAN, Ethernet Bridges)
- Five (5) years of experience with Cisco networking equipment including routers, switches, and Call Manager
- Five (5) years of experience with industry standard encryption techniques and devices
- Five (5) years of SIGINT experience with dataflow systems architecture, processes, and monitoring tools
- Five (5) years of experience with Point-to-Point (Microwave, Millimeter wave, Optical, Troposcatter) and WAN Communications such as SATCOM, and VSAT
Job Description: The Connectivity Engineer will apply an engineering approach to network management from the design stage through implementation and sustainment. The Connectivity Engineer will use a variety of tools and techniques to analyze and troubleshoot issues on many kinds of network architectures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing site surveys and system installations
- Performing configuration management, maintenance, modernization, and sustainment of a global Enterprise Network
- Uses connectivity engineering to support pre- and post-deployment tests
- Implementing specific network solutions to support server requirements including load-balancing, VPNs, firewalls, and network address translation
- Resolving complex network problems by operating network analyzers, WAN test equipment, and network simulators
- Minimizing data latency and maximizing data throughput
- Validating new and existing dataflow and data formats
- Leading large deployment and maintenance efforts with dynamic requirement and schedules
- Working with Systems Engineers, customers, and cross-organizational teams to refine requirements and understand the potential effects of changes
- Performing security testing and design evaluations
- Employing Government standards to configure the interconnects between data centers, networks, and security boundaries
- Drafting technical requirements, configuration management, and planning documentation
- Performing quality control, quality assurance, and configuration management services
- Designing, integrating, configuring, deploying, testing, and maintaining numerous types of network devices, interfaces, and technologies.
- Optimizing end-to-end system performance and dataflow management
- Coordinating to ensure proper mission operations with minimal downtime
- Facilitating the implementation of high-speed, scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies as applicable to WAN and LAN design
Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
RTI Consulting LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employee and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at RTI are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
RTI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@rti-llc.com